Friday, April 22, 2011

winter into spring

I always feel that springtime is the hardest time to live in Oregon. I can deal with the endlessly rainy winters. It's the months from March to May when I feel claustrophobic and sun-deprived. It's sunny today, but my iPhone shows rain after tomorrow for the foreseeable future.

We took advantage of some late snowstorms to hit Mt Hood for some spring skiing with the Blaines.
Lucy was a champ skiing with Jess.
(We love the Blaines.)
Even in the rain, the wildflowers all over the place are so lovely. Trilliums always make me think of my mom - these delicate flowers grow all over the mountainside where I grew up and my mom loved them.
We took the kids hiking to Mt. Pisgah recently - these girls valiantly stomped through the mud and took many breaks for z-bars.
Lucy got well hydrated wearing the camelback.
And Melissa and I were happy to let the kids get all their ya yas out - outside of our livingrooms.
Lucy and Lulu love the park (and each other), rain or shine.
We'll get there. Warm sunny days are just around the corner.... Patience.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

It looks so springy there with all the flowers! We have crocuses (croci?) up, but nothing else is really blooming yet. I miss you and your family! xo